Total Credits: 8 including 8 Taxes - Technical
This comprehensive case-driven training is designed to get the accountant up to speed quickly in the area of basis calculations and distribution planning for the owners of pass-thru entities (i.e., S corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies (LLCs)). The cornerstone of this course is the line-by-line analysis of the Schedule K-1s and how it affects the basis calculations.
**Please Note: If you need credit reported to the IRS for this IRS approved program, please download the IRS CE request form on the Course Materials Tab and submit to email@example.com.
• List the 3 main reasons for calculating a shareholder’s basis in a S corporation and partner/member’s basis in a partnership/LLC
• Calculate the stock and debt basis for S corporation shareholders
• Calculate the basis for partners and members of a LLC
• Calculate losses allowed from at-risk activities
• Review the Form 1120S and Form 1065 Schedule K-1s to determine how the line items affect basis calculations and get reported on the individual owner’s Form 1040
• Detailed coverage of any new legislation (i.e., Tax Cuts & Jobs Act) affecting basis computations and distributions and changes to the schedule K-1s
• Line-by-line analysis of the Schedule K-1s to determine how the items affect a S shareholder’s stock and debt basis and a partner/member’s outside basis and where the items get reported on Federal individual income tax return
• The three loss and deduction limitations on the owner’s individual income tax return (i.e. basis, at-risk and other Form 1040 limitations)
• How cash or non-cash distributions affect the basis calculations and whether or not they are taxable to the owners
• Compare the tax treatment of the sale of a shareholder’s stock in a S corporation and a partner’s interest in a partnership
• What constitutes debt basis for a S corporation shareholder under the final regulations
• The tax ramifications of repaying loans to S corporation shareholders and on open account debt
• How recourse and non-recourse debt effect a partner or member’s basis calculations and amount at-risk
|Important CPE Credit Information_READ BEFORE WEBCAST UPDATED (487.5 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|BCADW Cases (624.2 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|BCADW Keynote presentation (2 MB)||Available after Purchase|
|f1065sk1 (76.1 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|f1120ssk (71 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|IRS CE Credit Request Form (139 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Basis Calculations & Distributions for Pass-Thru Entity Owners-Schedule K-1 Analysis_Q&A (12.6 KB)||Available after Purchase|
Please wait ...