This comprehensive training is designed to get the accountant up to speed quickly in the area of basis calculations and distribution planning for the owners of a partnership (i.e., partners and LLC members).
**Please Note: If you need credit reported to the IRS for this IRS approved program, please download the IRS CE request form on the Course Materials Tab and submit to email@example.com.
Basic Course Information
- List the 3 main reasons for calculating a partner/member’s basis in a partnership/LLC
- Calculate the basis for partners and members of a LLC
- Calculate losses allowed from at-risk activities
- Review the Form 1065 Schedule K-1 to determine how the line items affect basis calculations and get reported on the individual owner’s Form 1040
- Line-by-line analysis of the Schedule K-1s to determine how the items affect a partner/member’s outside basis and where the items get reported on Federal individual income tax return
- The three loss and deduction limitations on the owner’s individual income tax return (i.e. basis, at-risk and other Form 1040 limitations)
- How cash or non-cash distributions affect the basis calculations and whether or not they are taxable to the owners
- How recourse and non-recourse debt effect a partner or member’s basis calculations and amount at-risk
Pat Garverick is a Certified Public Accountant who currently lives in the Phoenix, Arizona area. He began his career in public accounting in 1988 after obtaining his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) in Accounting from The Ohio State University. After receiving his Master of Taxation (MT) degree from Arizona State University in 1992, Mr. Garverick began operating his own tax and financial planning business. He also started writing, reviewing, and teaching tax and financial planning continuing professional education courses around the country.
In addition to being a CPA, Pat is also a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®). This role serves to enhance the knowledge he brings as he writes and presents continuing education material. Mr. Garverick is a member of the Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Pat has presented continuing education sessions throughout the country and has won awards for both his skills as an instructor as well as for the content he has created. His knowledge, expertise, and high energy have made him one of the profession’s most highly rated speakers. He is in a very small group of instructors that are both extremely knowledgeable and interesting.
During his time in college Pat earned a letter as a member of the Ohio State Basketball squad. He remains a stanch supporter of the sports programs at his alma mater.
Basic Course Information
J. Patrick Garverick
Date Added to Catalog
Tax professionals that need an in-depth training course on basis calculations and distributions rules for partnerships and their owners
Basic understanding of individual income taxation
Course Registration Requirements
Please contact the ACPEN help desk 1-877-602-9877 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to cancel your attendance for a previously purchased webcast and are requesting a refund or transfer.
Complaint Resolution Policy
Please contact Anne Taylor for any complaints. email@example.com, (972-377-8199).
Instructional Delivery Method
Group Internet Based
Official Registry Statement
Business Professionals' Network, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
Total Reviews: 21